RE: Re: Windows Home Server performance - very slow.. any ideas?

Well, go to the bug report link that has been added to my initial
posting
and give them the info they need, then it might get investigated and fixed.
:-D

It doesn't really matter what hardware you're using - Demigrator doesn't
get
CPU bound but you can see that it is running when the streaming issues
appear and it's Demigrator that causes them as killing it off stops any
issues when they start. As you get more drives in your machine the
"problem"
tends to get less noticeable as you're less likely to be streaming from the
same drive as Demigrator decides to hit.

Phil

any

wrote:

> [...]
rare that cpu
> use
> > > monitore on task manager or performance console runs high.
The
> > > indicators which are maxing out are all to do physical disk
access
> seem
> > > to be ones which run to their maximum.
> > > brief on WHS Drive extender which covers load-balancing and
> > > duplication.
> extended
> > > volume. I can't imagine how I would go about testing what
h/w
> > > combination is the problem short of building another
machine!
I go back

<phil@> wrote:

> [...]
performance - very