RE: Re: Windows Home Server performance - very slow.. any ideas?

Yup - I get Demigrator hammering my server occasionally but it never
affects
mine enough to stop DVD or audio streaming (however it does make blu-ray
streaming stutter) ... I'm reasonably sure they'll fix it sometime and it's
rarely a problem for me but your mileage may vary...

Phil

any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks for the post Phil.
> The choking is all to do with disk access, its very rare that cpu use
> monitore on task manager or performance console runs high. The
> indicators which are maxing out are all to do physical disk access
seem
> to be ones which run to their maximum.
> I looked at Drive Extender Migrator (demigrator) and the MS tech brief
> on WHS Drive extender which covers load-balancing and duplication.
> There does not seem to be that much one can do about it!!!
> you can't unistall demigrator becuase then whs won't see the extended
> volume. I can't imagine how I would go about testing what h/w
> combination is the problem short of building another machine!
> All in all, its seems to be hopeless!!
> Thanks anyway, will look for more things to try before I go back  to
> the drawing board.
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:
> >
> > Demigrator.exe I mean...
> >
> > Google it and you'll see it's an issue that others have had...
> >
> > Phil

"Demingrator.exe" ...
> if
> > > it is
> > > then it seems that some hardware combinations are prone to
> Demigrator
> > > taking
> > > a hell of a toll whereas other hardware (which may be far
less
> > > powerful)
> > > doesn't seem so affected.
> > >
> > > Phil