Re: If building a house would you use X-10?

Hello Mark

The cost of the CAT5 is negligible, especially if you flood wire the place
and buy lots at one time.
The point to bear in mind is that if you go down the home-run cabling with
centrally located relays/dimmers route, you will need to run your mains
wiring as radials back to these centrally located points in order to be
able
to control it.
I have six sub-consumer units located in my self-build and all the mains
wiring is run back in 4mm T&E as radials.
There are multiple CAT5 feeds to all the sub-consumer unit points.

Tracey