RE: windows 7

I have to say that I think Windows 7 is a *CRACKING* product - it runs
really nicely on my little 2Gb RAM / 1.2GHz Cyrix based HP2133 netbook (it
feels much more sprightly than XP) and pretty much flies on my 5 year old
warhorse Sony VAIO VGN-A117S laptop - a 2Gb RAM / 1.7GHz Pentium M. I think
it found all the major drivers for both machines without intervention -
obviously some of the minor ones like custom hotkey drivers needed to be
added manually. I haven't tried it on my desktop machine which currently
runs Vista absolutely perfectly but have no reason to think that it would
do
anything other than behave perfectly on that as it's recent hardware.

*HOPEFULLY* MS are going to be doing a three machine "family
pack" licence
for 7 - there's quite a lot on the 'net about it already and if so then all
three of those machines will get reformatted and a fresh new install - If I
have to buy individual licences then I'll be sticking with XP / XP / Vista
respectively.

Phil