Re: windows 7

Juan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the windows 7 test version from Microsoft website.
> Has anyone installed 7 yet?
> I read conflicting information, one saying I have to backup
> everything in my PC because 7 will do a clean install over windows
> vista.  Other sites states that 7 can be installed over vista and
> will keep my applications and data.
> What is the real deal?  I have vista home premium 64b.
>
> Thank You!
>
> Juan . ///

I have installed W7 64bit, but didn't try to upgrade my 32 bit Vista. I
had previously "upgraded" from Vista to XP on a second disk in my
laptop
as dual boot, and decided to replace the Vista boot with W7. Since doing
it I have rarely used XP and find that nearly everything works OK with
almost none of the Vista nagging. I like W7 in exactly the same way that
I hated Vista.

Next March I shall have to decide whether to pay for W7, or regress to
XP :-( Maybe I'll use Ubuntu more.

Pete

database 4361 (20090823) __________

http://www.eset.com