RE: [OT] Disk recovery after stupid action

If it simply did a re-install and no format, your user data should
still be there - have you done a search in the most likely places? Are
there any folders on the install drive that would have been there before
the re-install at all?

If not and the folder structure looks virgin and barren, it may well have
done a format (but it would have alerted you to this during the install).

If it has re-formatted, Vista file will have likely been written over the
top of many old files. You may be able to recover something using one (or
several) of the file recovery tools out there - can take a while to search
though.

Paul.