RE: [OT] Gaming PC Recommendations Needed

Hi Darren

I built my own top end machine for a racing sim and the total cost was
approx 1700 quid at the time. I found that the ready made machines where
too
expensive or didn't have the graphics card I wanted etc.

This was a Pentium Core 2 Duo (can't remember the exact one I used) with an
Asus P5Q3 motherboard and 2GB of Corsair DDR3 RAM.

Running RAID with two 320GB Samsung drives.

The graphics card is an ATI based HD4870 and I run this with a 32"
Samsung
Full HD TV at 1920 x 1080 and get excellent frame rates. TV is dedicated to
the games setup and connected by HDMI as the VGA input won't run at the
highest resolution so watch out for this.

Sound is onboard with a second Soundblaster Live for Team Speak use (allows
you to use a headset and still get game sounds on the main sound channel.
Would be ideal for a flight sim if you fly online, allowing you to speak to
air traffic control :o) )

The rest of my setup is a Momo G25 steering wheel, Logitech G51 Speakers,
Recaro Seat and a racing frame I built myself.

Just make sure the processor is fast enough with loads of RAM and get the
best graphics card you can afford. The graphics card is the bit that will
let your system down if this is cheap! When I was back in the UK I picked
up
a couple of games hardware magazines and read their recommendations.

Good luck and have fun!! I discovered online racing and I can spend hours
on
it!!!

Dave.