RE: Re: Basic questions about "video streaming"

Excellent - Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rb_ziggy
Sent: 15 April 2009 23:15
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Basic questions about "video streaming"

Yeup, just figured out the bit about image size after a bit of trial &
error!

You also need to set the option in the advanced setup for build for it not
to ask you for the volume name stuff.

Dean, if you want to hang on for a bit, I'm going to test a script
overnight
that includes some deletion of source files (I have to do this to free up
space on the disk and have tested it out...)

I'll post the final batchfile text tomorrow.

Rich

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> Towards the end of that thread there's a code fragment that looks very
> much what I ended up with...
>
> for /d %i in (D:\Shares\Videos\DVD\* ) do ( ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD
> /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%i" /DEST
"D:\Shares\Videos\DVD\%i.iso"
> /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSE
> )
>
> As they say- make sure you set the single layer media size in the
> application itself to something like 9Gb otherwise it stops each time
> and asks you to specify where the layerbreak is. :-D
>
> Phil

streaming"

wrote:

> > > Phil
> > >
> > > Would you be willing to share you little script for batch
> > conversation - currently doing the same with my vobs so
everything
> > works nice with PCH.
> > >
> > > Dean
> > >
> > > Sent from my BlackBerry Storm

experiencing
> > probs in
Popcorn Hour)
> > play

> > quick
> > re-
guessing you
> > didn't
> > >
> > > Feck no! At the time there were about 800 movies to convert
and
> > > re-
> > ripping
> > > them from the originals would have taken far too long (plus,
if
> > > you
> > head
> > > back through the archives here when I was originally looking
at
> > > using FireWire drives in Software RAID on a LINUX box as my
> > > "server" and
> > was
> > > having trouble with the FireWire drivers "being
shite" I muttered
> > something
> > > about "I'm never re-ripping all these feckin' things
ever again"
> > > and
> > fully
> > > intend to stick with that principle...
> > >
> > > When I moved over to Windows Home Server and lost the
ability to
> > > do
> > my own
> > > fettling of exactly where (on which disc) my data was stored
I was
> > concerned
> > > that, because I wasn't going to be running Software RAID or
having
> > folder
> > > duplication turned on for the movies shares, then if WHS
happened
> > put all
> > > the .IFO files from the folder structures on one drive
(quite
> > possible if it
> > > had bits of space to fill up that a big ol' VOB file
wouldn't fit
> > into) and
> > > that drive went down then not only would I lose the movies
on that
> > drive but
> > > effectively I'd lose all the movies that the IFO files on
that
> > > drive
> > related
> > > to. (You see what I mean?)
> > >
> > > Anyway - I found a bit of software called
"ImgBurn"
> > > (http://www.imgburn.com/) which can be
used from the command line
> > > and
> > wrote
> > > a little wrapper batch file to read the names of each folder
on a
> > drive one
> > > at a time and then call ImgBurn to create an ISO of that
folder.

> > > Helpful hint - don't do what I did and be cocky and make
your
> > > batch
> > file
> > > delete the source folder as it converts and then run it
without
> > testing it
> > > first ... I did that and batch converted my first drive
(Movies
> > starting
> > > with 0-9, A or B) but got the command line a bit wrong,
converted
> > each
> > > folder to an ISO that had the same name each time, ended up
with a
> > 1Tb drive
> > > with lots and lots of free space and a single file called
> > "Moviename.ISO"
> > > containing a beautifully ISO'd image of "Butterfly
Effect 2, The"...
> > :-D
> > >
> > > 150(ish) movies into the great bit-bucket in the sky. Still
re-
> > ripping them
> > > back again slowly. :-(

decrypting dvds.