Re: Basic questions about "video streaming"

  • Subject: Re: Basic questions about "video streaming"
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:48:27 -0000

I ran a .bat file overnight that worked fine for me.  It's a bit
different to the one posted the forum referenced in my earlier link that
didn't actually work when I tried it out.

So put the following into a .bat file:

for /d %%I in ("V:\Video-TS DVDs\my sub dir\*") do (
"c:\program files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE
IMAGEFILE /SRC "%%I" /DEST "V:\New ISOs
DVDs\subdir\%%~nI.iso" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF"
/UDFREVISION "1.02" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSE
DEL /s /q "%%I"
)
pause

Please note the following:
- This syntax looks in a particular subdirectory "V:\Video-TS DVDs\my
sub dir\" and expects to find the name of the film in the next level
down. For example, the next level would have Jaws\Video_TS and Jaws
II\Video_TS etc in it.
- The ISO is created in a new directory "V:\New ISOs DVDs\ with the
name, for example of Jaws.ISO, Jaws II.ISO etc.
- Clearly, you can change these subdirectory names to suit your setup!
- Be careful about the parentheses positioning after the DO command.  The
interpretor seems to be very fussy about their positioning. Follow the
above (noting that the ImgBurn command should be a single line with Del on
a separate line and opening and closing parenthesis on the separate lines)
and it should work.
- The DEL command then deletes all the files from the original
subdirectory.  Clearly this is optional and a bit risky but I don't have
space to hold all the repackaged files and the old ones so I have to do
this as I go along.  I suggest you test this set up on a directory with a
couple of dvds in it that you have duplicated!
- As noted in an earlier post, you have to increase the size of the single
layer dvd space in ImgBurn to something like 10Gb (use the 'custom' format)
to stop ImgBurn prompting you for layer breaks.
- You should also switch off the prompt for volume name (see the advanced
options in Setup + Build.

Then do a couple of tests to fully satisfy yourself etc and use at your own
risk etc!

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@...> wrote:

> Excellent - Thanks

streaming"

> Yeup, just figured out the bit about image size after a bit of trial
&
> error!
>
> You also need to set the option in the advanced setup for build for it
not
> to ask you for the volume name stuff.
>
> Dean, if you want to hang on for a bit, I'm going to test a script
overnight
> that includes some deletion of source files (I have to do this to free
up
> space on the disk and have tested it out...)
>
> I'll post the final batchfile text tomorrow.
>
> Rich
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@> wrote:
> >
> > Towards the end of that thread there's a code fragment that looks
very
> > much what I ended up with...
> >
> > for /d %i in (D:\Shares\Videos\DVD\* ) do ( ImgBurn.exe /MODE
BUILD
> > /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%i" /DEST
"D:\Shares\Videos\DVD\%i.iso"
> > /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START
/CLOSE

<dean@> wrote:

> [...]
batch
> > > conversation - currently doing the same with my vobs so
everything
> > > works nice with PCH.

"video streaming"

Video_ts stucture?