Re: IR Control of cbus???

Dean - I would also be interested in an 8 button Neo if the price was
right.

I will also look at passing the IR into Comfrot and doing the logic/control
of cbus from there.

This IR thing seems to be a weakness of cbus. I would have thought IR
control would have been much easier

regards
Ben

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@...> wrote:

> Hi Paul
>
> You've got it exactly right.
>
> 8 independent controls (8 button NEO) - each can be scene, dimmer,
switch
> etc. - holding IR ramps the dimmer up and down.
>
> I think the IR codes for Cbus are in the Harmony database - I
certainly put
> some in there at some point.
>
> I'll check what Neo's I have - I think one of the 8 buttons has been
spoken
> for - I definitely have a 4 button, but will have a poke around for
another
> 8 button.
>

> Dean.

If i
> program Key 1 to be a Dimmer Up with Group address Kitchen then the IR
code
> associated to Key press 1 will increase Kitchen lights.
>
> For each of the 8 "key presses" I can have a different
action?? i.e. scenes
> etc
>
> Where do I get the IR codes from? I am using a Logitch Harmony in the
> Lounge.
>
> If I can get this to work with a HArmony remote I would be interested
in one
> of the NEO's, can you let me know off list how much
>
> Regards
>
> Paul
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@> wrote:
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > I took the cheapskate route to IR control of Cbus with a
Pronto...