From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
paul_watkin
Sent: 11 April 2009 12:58
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: IR problems

Hi Keith,

I have the same Xantech setup and every now and again the Green LED stays
light and the red LED's on the emitters flash constantly.

So far my limited testing seems to suggest that it's the LCD screen that is
causing the problem as it only happens when the screen is displaying the PC
and the PC has gone into sleep mode (The Sony screen goes white at this
point)

Switch the screen to another input or OFF and this goes away.

I am using a Xantech extender cable so the signal is travelling a good 8M
and apart from the above combination works flawlessly.

When I was playing about trying to replicate the situation I was suprised
how much of an IR signal was reflected by walls etc i.e. was able to point
the Remote at a wall in the opposite direction and still control things
albeit the round trip distance was only 20 feet

I am using the proper LCD receiver for what it's worth, not sure if things
get even worse if you don't use one of these or if it's marketing hype.

Cheers

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Phil