Help with Vista on NEW Mac Mini

  • Subject: Help with Vista on NEW Mac Mini
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:59:02 -0000

Hi all,

Recently took delivery of a new Mac Mini and have installed Vista as a
Front End for My Movies and Tuner Free MCE (backend running on WHS) and all
is going well except a couple of issues which I think are down to the
graphics drivers.

The Mini only has 1Gb of memory (waiting for DHL man carying the 4Gb
upgrade) and when I initially ran the vista score from Control panel
graphics got a 1, ran it a second time and scored 3.9, what did anybody
else get??

1. Blue screen when exiting MC or screen saver mode - it seems if I use the
ESC key to leave MC it doesn't like it and also exiting screen saver throws
a wobbly. I have the DMP files but no clue what to do with them!!!

2. Screen resolution - I can't get the display working at 1900 x 1080 into
my 1080 Sony LCD via HDMI, picture is too large for screen, if I drop to
1768 by 992 all works okay - OS X displays fine at 1080.

3. Graphics drivers in Vista show as 9400 and not 9400M as per the
packaging on the box - can somebody else running Vista confirm whether
their graphics drivers are 9400 or 9400M.

Whilst playing with the setup of the Media Center I found a usefull app
called MC Menu mender that allows some basic customisation of ther MC menus

I would apreciate any pointers on how to get this thing running more stable
(apart from ditching windows!!)

Cheers

Paul