Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

  • Subject: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:44:51 -0000

Thanks Ben, I've always kept an eye on the cbus topics but never
clearly understood all the bits.

>From a very old cbus catalogue I had it seemed to show a two button
saturn switch, I assume the less buttons the cheaper they are?

Paul's right, I wasn't actually planning for individual control of any
of the downlights to be honest, more likely to be keeping the spare
channels for doing one of the bedrooms, how are the channels rated
again?! my memory is shocking!!  I assume there's a power or current
limit that then converts into the max power per channel for total of
bulbs??

So a pac is the thing to do the programming?! Is that the one that
links to a network and I can then program from a pc (or mac???) then
the dimmer is the main power pack obviously that I need to run a beefy
mains cable too (sorry have run not run myself!!) the rest is obvious!!

Is the pac required once the system is setup? Assuming I resisted the
HA urge to tinker?!?

Next question, my consumer unit is in the kitchen, adjacent to an
external wall to the front of the house.  I'll need a high capacity
cable to the loft to the dimmer pack.....can these be run externally
i.e. up the outside wall of the house or must they be run internally??

Cheers in advance,=20

and can anyone recommend a good priced cbus shop online that I can
browse the products??

Thanks

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "ben addison" <ben@...> wrote:

> Hi Noel,
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> You could install a c-bus system for around =A31000.00 plus labour.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> You would need;
>=20
> New B&W touch screen in logic =A3670.00
>=20
> 8 channel dimmer                     =A3420.00=20
>=20
> PIR                                          =A390.00
>=20
> 6 gang Saturn                           =A3140.00
>=20
> PAC                                        =A3360.00
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> If you use the touch screen with logic, you will gain an extra
switch and
> will not need the PAC
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Cost then will be =A31320.00
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> HTH
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Ben Addison
>=20
> Ben Addison Ltd (electrical Contractors)
>=20
> 07889845712
>=20
> www.benaddison.com