RE: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

I reckon it could be done a little cheaper....

As Ben already said, you'd need EITHER the touchscreen OR the PAC, but not
=
both, - either of these units contains the logic engine necessary to do
the=
"smarts"

I'd further guess that the "6 small downlights" don't need to be
individual=
ly controlled? - if they are to be all switched/dimmed together then
(curre=
nt rating permitting) they could all go on a single CBUS channel, and thus
=
only a 4-channel dimmer would be sufficient... - in fact, this would still
=
allow some separation of the light fittings onto different channels, - say
=
3 groups of 2 lights, which would still leave a channel free for something
=
else...

The PIR doesn't necessarily *have* to be a CBUS one... - the range of
choic=
e of CBUS PIRs is pretty limited, and if you wanted to have more than one
i=
t starts getting very expensive... - I reckon you *could* use a bus
coupler=
(which IIRC is about =A360-70), and to that you could connect any bog-stan=
dard NO (Normally Open) PIR. - the bus coupler would even allow you to
conn=
ect up to 4 PIRs in this way to give better coverage of the room and thus
b=
etter response to occupancy... - You'd need to sort out the 12V power to
su=
ch PIRs yourself though.

I'd guess the Saturn (which would be my choice too!) could also be
downrate=
d to a 4-button rather than a 6, reducing the costs just a little more...

The other thing worth mentioning of course, is that switch in the room
only=
uses the 30V CBUS power, - no mains, - so can go inside the bathroom...

HTH

Paul G.