RE: RE: XBOX Softmod - there *IS* a god, - and he effing hates me!

OK, getting somewhere... slowly...

I've FTP'd to the now softmodded XBOX, and I plan to continue to do a
HDD upgrade...

I followed this tutorial:
http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-183.html
to get this far,
now I plan to follow this one for the disk swap:
http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-185.html

First thing is, neither of the 2 backups I did in the first part seem to
have resulted in the eeprom.bin file being created, and obviously I need
for that to happen for the disk upgrade to work. I'm not sure how to get
that file written out, - the backup option in the evox dash doesn't seem
to create it either...

Anyone able to enlighten me how I should make sure I've got the
appropriate backups in place before I go any further?

TIA

Paul G.