Re: 720P Projector - stop me!

  • Subject: Re: 720P Projector - stop me!
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:09:38 -0000

OK then - I'm game for it (You didn't say 'good reasons') ...

Reason 1: It uses 0.08W in standby mode so that's (I think...) going
to cost you something like 70p per year extra in electricity

Reason 2: It's white

Reason 3: It's not 'proper HD' so is bound (whatever you think from
actually having seen / used it) to be unwatchable really

Reason 4: It's only got 2 HDMI inputs - how last year

Reason 5: They are bound to bring out a new version next year so it's
yet another thing that you will worry about having to upgrade

Reason 6: It's not 'proper HD' so your mates will larf at you for
being a numpty

Reason 7: The bulb's bound to blow after 300+ hours use in the middle
of a film causing you to cuss and have to get off the sofa

Reason 8: It's going to cost at least 5 times that by the time you
have bought a new screen and a powered projector lift and fitted them
into the ceiling space, pulled new wires and reprogrammed all your HA
gubbins.

Reason 9: You will find that the joists in your ceiling run the 'wrong
way' and it will cost you 50 times what you originally expected by the
time you have had the first floor rebuilt and had the decorating done
3-6 months later (don't worry dear, I can get it installed over the
weekend).

Reason 10: Blimey, run out, can't think of a single further one...
Perhaps you should get one then.