Re: Anyone here use Z-Wave, and specifically with a Comfort ZWave UCM ?

  • Subject: Re: Anyone here use Z-Wave, and specifically with a Comfort ZWave UCM ?
  • From: "noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:30:52 -0000

Hi Gareth,

I have the Z-Wave UCM and a few modules, but I've only experimented
with it. None of the modules are actually live yet... I do plan to
eventually upgrade from my X-10 modules.

I was one of the first to start up with Z-Wave on Comfort so I got a
fair bit of support from Chiu @ Cytech.

My understanding is that the command structure is loosly based on
RS232, but these are obviously not exposed using the Comfort Action
codes. It's fairly straight forward to set up. The only trouble I
found was identify the device Id for any given module, when my
Harmony remote hides this during set up. So it was a little trial
and error before I Comfort found the modules, but thereafter I was
able to control on/off/dimming and sense check the status of any
give module.

I'm not familar with the C-Bus command strings, but I'd think they
should be similar.

Cheers,

Balraj