Re: In wall Conduit

It's ok, it was a purely selfish question re: screen & bracket -
I'm
looking for a bracket too :-)
I'm tempted by this one. The reviews are ok, but it just seems *too*
cheap... I've got a 40" Sony and there are plenty of Sony owners in
the reviews so it may be ok.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RIXEVW

Do you have to pull the cable round the corners in one go, or do you
have access to the corners?
For me, I can get to each corner so have only put trunking in for the
straight run in the plaster.

Depending on the connector size you could probably pull the 3 hdmi at
once, if the connectors are staggered down the length, and you can get
to the corners/bends.

The other thing I did was to fit the cables into the trunking while it
was exposed in the wall and then clip the lid on, i.e. before
plastering. At worst, you could cut the connectors off to pull the
cable out for an upgrade later.

There are some pics of my retrofit in the "Tim Hawes" album on
yahoo
(UKHA group area).

HTH,

Tim.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Robert James <rob68james@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Sorry, I was a bit vague wasn't I...
>
> TV is 37" Panasonic and I haven't chosen the bracket yet (again
open to suggestions).

> I am looking at running 3 separate HDMI and 2 x Cat5, so the conduit
needs to be big enough to run these cables including connectors on the
HDMI. The run will not be straight either, so I will need something without
right angles as I assume these will be quite hard to pull through. If I do
this right first time, It should be relatively hassle free when changing
everything and terminating Fibre in ten years time...