Data Recovery from CE-ATA Laptop Drive

  • Subject: Data Recovery from CE-ATA Laptop Drive
  • From: "paul_watkin" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:04:23 -0000

Hi,

Over the weekend a glass fell over on my desk and the contents ended
up inside my laptop. I dried it out and impressively it did spin up
and ran for a few minutes until a blue screen of death and dying.
(wouldn't switch back on)

After a lot more faffing it now powers up but the Hdd doesn't appear
to power up. I have ordered a 1.8" enclosure to see if the drive is
okay and it's the laptop mainboard or flex cable that is broken.

Assuming this isn't successfull I am going to need to pay somebody to
recover the data as there is a shed load of stuff on the disk that I
need to recover.

>From a google there are plenty of people offering data recovery from
2.5" hard drives but nothing much comes up for 1.8" or CE-ATA, so
does anybody have any recommendations??

Cheers

Paul