aaarrrrgggghhhh...... Blu-Ray help required.

  • Subject: aaarrrrgggghhhh...... Blu-Ray help required.
  • From: "simon.millward" <simon.millward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:01:26 -0000

In the immortal words of the beatles "Help I Need Someone"

I recently bought a LG GBW H10N Blu-Ray writer and installed it in my
Vista 64 MCE machine.

First It showed as a cd/dvd drive but not as a Blu-Ray. When I
trawled the net and found that with a firmware upgrade it had better
Vista support. So I went to try this. Started the exe and ity asked
me for the target drive, which could no longer be found!!!

I checked in My Computer and voila it is no longer there. In device
manager it shows but with errors, and there appears like there is
nothing I can do to remedy the situation.

The drive shows in Bios and device manager but nothing else. I have a
compliant VGA card and I am running an Athlon 4200 X2 with 2 gig ram.

Have contacted LG but they just told me to do the things that were in
the readme!!

I apologise for the tone of this question, but it has bugged me for
nearly three weeks.

Please Help!!!