RE: Re: NAS or WHS

Given all the discussion about WHS recently there's one thing I'd like
know - unfortunately the amount of data I'm playing with on my server is a
bit on the hefty side (about 14Tb at the moment) so I don't really want to
have to start migrating all that data over to a new OS just to try and see
whether it works.

What I would like to know is - if you have a "pool" of storage
(for example
my "Movies" collection) set up as a software RAID5 array can you
still
dynamically expand that array?

Also, what happens if you shut down the server and physically move drives
around so they're on different SATA connections? Is WHS intelligent enough
to work out that the data is still intact and *NOT* assume that the data
needs to be rebuilt or the array has been trashed?

Phil

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109