RE: RE: Homeseer developments

Mainlobby is really good once you get your head around the more
complex bits of linking it to all the other HA systems - I used HomeSeer
and the ML plugin to achieve this - ML then gets all the data you want from
HS (HS being the real interface with plugins to various kit). This way I
have repoting and control over various xAP devices, CBus, Comfort,
telephones etc etc. The graphic library is good too.

As you say though, the big problem is the cost of it all (they moved from
the enthusiast market a few years ago and re-priced to fit in with the
custom installer market). Hence they charge for absolutely everything and a
lot of upgrades too. The attitude of some of their support people to all of
this and other issues has been less than good on a number of occasions too
- a few lessons in good customer service needed I think! Apart from that,
it's very capable.

Would be interested to see how the HS touch product turns out though. One
of the biggest let downs of other products like this is the lack of
professionally designed interface graphics - as it takes a lot of effort
and expertise to design them. Even I haven't got a proper interface
designed yet and I have graphic designers in my company who do it
professionally! Just takes so long and is expensive.

Paul.

signature database 3629 (20081121) __________

http://www.eset.com