Homeseer developments

Attention all HomeSeer users / prospective HomeSeer users:

The main HomeSeer software has just had its first major update for about
a year (released software that is, - not counting the numerous beta
releases in between) and is now at version 2.3.0.0.

With such a long time between new versions (and a fairly high number of
betas), there's obviously quite a lot that's new in there....

Also, Homeseer has recently started the beta programme for a brand new
component: Homeseer Touch. This is a companion application designed to
allow very easy production of high-class touchscreen UI's that are
seamlessly integrated into the overall Homeseer control environment.
I've been trialling it for the last couple of weeks, and I think it's
very promising indeed. - It's a bit early for a proper UKHA review yet,
but one will be forthcoming from me in the not-too-distant future...

It's quite obviously still a beta product, and probably will be for at
least a few weeks (or possibly even months) to come. There are lots of
beta testers and lots of user feedback being generated, so the Homeseer
guys are very busily getting lots of the bugs ironed out, usability
quirks changed, new features added etc. I'm hopeful that by release time
it will be an exceedingly polished and capable product. - Currently new
beta releases seem to be appearing about 1 per week.

Now unfortunately, it's not a free add-on, and it's not especially cheap
either to be honest (especially since the pound has fared so badly
against the dollar recently), but, during the beta period, the software
can be pre-ordered at (almost) half the normal price. This is offer is
currently available till the end of November, - although I suspect there
"may" be a possibility that it might be extended if the beta
period runs
on for much longer.... - no guarantee of this though, so if you are
interested in getting a touchscreen system then this is shaping up to be
an excellent candidate, and to guarantee the lower price, it would be
advisable to order before the current offer ends on November 30th

Check out the HomeSeer Touch forum at:
http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=886
for more information. -
you can see plenty of my posts there, and some of the touchscreen
designs I've been playing with...

Paul G.

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109