[OT] We have a winner - (Was Have I bought a Crock)

  • Subject: [OT] We have a winner - (Was Have I bought a Crock)
  • From: "pjqx" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 00:18:44 -0000

Hi,

just finished putting together what might be my new WHS box, or just=20
a PC for a number of potential apps.

I bought an Intel Atom on a whim, but couldn't find a suitable=20
chassis - I bought a couple from Ebay and TBH relisted them straight=20
away because they weren't suitable

Enter the Antec Aria - lovely chassis - 3 HDD bays and an optical=20
drive as standard - if using an Intel ATOM there is A LOT of free=20
space which could be pressed into service - Nice 3 layer walls/lid=20
etc (Alu, rubber,Alu) deadens sound etc, 300W PSU( a bit lite on sata=20
connectors and the wires are short )  3 or 4 PCI Slot bays - it also=20
comes with a "quiet blower" which I haven't installed yet - Not
the=20
smallest of cases but great if you want 3 or 4 drives in your WHS=20
machine - they may not still be making them, so keep an eye out on=20
ebay - Great=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

WHS runs at 45W with 1 x  80 Gig drive.

Oh they have naff bright blue LEDs at the front, but you don't need=20
to connect those.and there are 2 USB,  card readers and 1394 sockets=20
on the front panel if they should be required.

Delighted with mine for =A340.

Tim.=20

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109