RE: New Xtreme X38HD Multimedia Player

Have you looked at GBPVR. I'm currently trialing  it side by side with
my t=
rusty TiVo. It works pretty well, although I don't use it as a front end ,
=
just a scheduling (via web interface) and recording service, I then use
XBM=
C to playback.

I did use MythTV for a while but wanted to try and reduce the number of
mac=
hines I had running. GBPVR runs on windows as a service, so I've built a
si=
ngle cheap machine (AMD 4Ghz Dual core, 3GigRAM, Pinnacle 3010xi Dual DVBT
=
card), that runs as my XLobby front end (mainly MP3 juke box) and PVR
recor=
ding service, and has 2 Virtual machines running on it , one for
Downloads=
(torrents etc) and the other as a Reverse Proxy (SSL Explorer) to allow me=
secure access to my home network from the internet.

The pinnacle 3010xi card is pretty good (if you have PCI-E) as its VERY
che=
ap (<=A320) and has 2 Digital tuners on board. To use with GBPVR simply
use=
the Blackgold drivers rather than the Pinnacle ones. I'm about to order an=
other so that I can have a total of 4 tuners (some people on the GBPVR
foru=
ms report having up to 7 tuners!). The current release of GBPVR also
suppor=
ts stream recording allowing multiple programs can be recorded from a
singl=
e tuner if they are on the same mux. Not tried it myself yet but sounds
int=
eresting..

Marcus