Re: Bathroom pod?

Hi Pete,

Assuming by "pod" you mean a pre-fab room complete with walls
&
ceiling, wiring & piping pre-plumbed etc... how would you get the pod
inside the house? Ages ago the BBC "Dreamhouse" at BRE craned-in
complete bathroom, but that was during the construction process...

If you don't need BR or listed building consent to put the toilet etc
in an existing room, do you have to make the en-suite a separate room
in itself? i.e. just create a screening wall  (not full height, no
door) within the existing bedroom. Something a bit like these ?
http://www.wedi.co.uk/fundo.php

HTH,

Tim.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM, pslists <pslists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone installed a bathroom pod into an existing property? Where
did
> you get it, was access a problem and was it a success?
>
> I have a Georgian listed building that could benefit from a couple of
> en-suites. Last time I installed a bathroom in a listed building I was
> told by the planning department that I didn't need listed building
> consent for installing a toilet and bath into a room, but I did need
LBC