Latest message you have seen: Fw: TiVo About to Re-launch in the UK

Re: LogMeIn or something else ?

I have never tried LogMeIn, so can't comment on that, but given that
you
have Ubuntu running on one machine on your network then use SSH and set
up a tunnel for Remote Desktop or any other service you want and point
it to any other machine on your network.

This is what I have used for years and it costs nothing e.g. I SSH into
a Linux box and the tunnel redirects Remote Desktop from my laptop
through the SSH tunnel to my home machine. There are plenty of web pages
out there covering RDP over SSH to tell you how to do it.

The only possible fly in the ointment is that XP Home doesn't allow RDP
connections, so in these cases I have used TightVNC.

HTH

Geoff