Latest message you have seen: Re: Hey, it's a start ;)

Fw: Best touchscreen interface EVER?

  • Subject: Fw: Best touchscreen interface EVER?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 09:50:40 +0100

I spy with my little eye - something beginning with...Comfort/CBUS ?

Hi all,

Just found this, check this out!
http://tinyurl.com/5zd94j

Basically it is a 7" (800x480) touchscreen with an embedded WinCE 5.0
system, with good connectivity options. Other useful features include
splash-proof front, built-in mono speaker, and memory card slot (not
SDHC).

Looks like it is easily mountable on the wall. The best thing is that
it is only US$599! :D

Or =A3379 :(

For better pics please see here.
http://tinyurl.com/5zmdy9

The only problems as far as I can see are,
1. No PoE
2. Processor (266MHz ARM) might be a bit slow to show live CCTV video,
or run Opera if the home automation interface is web-based
3. The OS is Windows CE 5.0 not Windows Mobile 5.0, so lacks a lot of
applications/libaries

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Wayne