360 ceiling mount PIR use

Does anyone think / know if I'd achieve satisfactory results by using
360-degree ceiling mount PIR sensor mounted vertically on a wall instead
of on the ceiling as designed?...

I know PIR's are generally more sensitive to motion across  their field
of view rather than toward/away from from it, but I have a location
where a traditional wall-mounted PIR is too directional to give me the
coverage I want. I'm utilising spare cores in an existing cable, so
doubling up with multiple detectors isn't really feasible (plus would
look darn messy & ugly).  I'm thinking that a 360 model would provide
the increased coverage area that I'm after, and I'm thinking of mounting
it on the wall rather than the ceiling for two reasons: firstly this
means I'll have no visible cable exposed, - the cable currently comes
out of the plaster fairly high up the wall. To achieve ceiling mouting
I'd have to extend the existing cable, and I'd have to tack the extra
cable on the wall surface, neither of these things are desirable.
Secondly, given the coverage pattern I'm hoping to get, I actually think
mounting it on the wall will give me a better result.

This is for an occupancy based lighting application rather than
security, so the main requirement is for sensitivity & early detection
rather than immunity to false alarms etc....

Anyone have any thoughts?

Paul G.