From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Paul Bendall
Sent: 21 May 2008 17:18
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: 'Good looking' rack recommendations (2U)

Best range of Rackmount cases that I have found is X-Case:

http://www.xcase. <http://www.xcase.co.uk/c/170036/1/rackmount-cases.html>
co.uk/c/170036/1/rackmount-cases.html

I have very recently purchased a Chenbro 2U case and fitted a Core2
Quad system. Really must write it up with pics

Paul

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups. <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
com, "Tim
Hawes" <timsyahoo@...> wrote:

> You could try ICP
> (http://www.icp-
<http://www.icp-epia.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=91>
epia.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=91) although
> they're more geared towards the mini-ITX platform. They do have 1U
&
> 2U cases though.
>
> Also worth checking whether they sell retail, there was rumour
(IIRC)
> that they might be trade-only. Not sure though.
>
> HTH,
>
> Tim.
>
> On 5/21/08, noughtomate <balraj_jassal@...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I intitally heard about the Alienware HD Media Server in this
forum,
> > but I've been reading detailed review about it here
> > http://tinyurl.
<http://tinyurl.com/6ppxjd...>
com/6ppxjd... and guess
what... I want one!

> > Well not exactly.... I don't plan on spending that amount of
money
> > on the kit let alone the import costs, but I would like to build
> > something similar.
> >
> > I already have a lounge HTPC but I'm planning on implmenting WHS
and
> > need something rackmountable for Node Zero and to be 'Good
looking'.

> > I've scoured around various sites, but most racks look very
> > industrial 'it does what it says on the tin' type of look.
> >
> > My particular needs are :
> > - Must support 2-4 slot loading SATA Hot-Swap drives
> > - Must support 1 internal drive
> > - Ideally supports ATX motherboard, if not MicroATX
> > - Supports PCI riser card containing 2 PCI boards
> > - 1U would be nice, but I think that's unrealistic.... So 2U ?
> > - Ideally in a Silver Finish... Blue lights... etc..
> >
> > The nearest I've seen is this http://tinyurl.
<http://tinyurl.com/5mjtrz>
com/5mjtrz by Antec,