Re: [OT] - New York Shopping

  • Subject: Re: [OT] - New York Shopping
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 08:38:41 -0000

Depends largely what you're after as to whether there's a big cost
saving. I picked up an ipod touch in december and one sales tax was on
it it was only about =A315 cheaper than dixons tax free in heathrow!!
Larger items like sonos likely to have a better saving tho, google for
shopping in new york and there's lots of sites with tips for all
categories. Also the lonely planet new york book has a big shopping
section with all different categories including electronics.  The
biggest savings imo are on clothes, I spent a fortune when I was last
there, now try and plan my wardrobe replacement sessions with trips to
the US!!
HTH
Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Simon McCaughey" <simonmcc@...>
wrote:

> I've been "stuck" in NY due to missed flights for a full day
three
times in
> the last year, and on each occasion I went into Manhattan, which I
assume is
> where you are going. It's a superb place to visit, and you'll have a
great
> weekend, but to be honest, I didn't see a lot of tech shops.
>=20
> However, check out local.google.com for computer shops in the local
area [ *
> http://tinyurl.com/5fq3my *] - don't
be afraid to use the subway
system -