RE: UKHA Mailing List - Future. Volume dropping month by month

Have a look at this -
http://www-usr.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/lifelist.html
I think we've moved into stage 6C ;) With trips back to stage 5 a few times
in the past.

Looking at my other Yahoo Groups, most are in a similar position,
HomeVision, Comfort, SelfBuild groups etc all reducing their traffic
volume.

I think there are other factors.  Over the years there have been too many
spin-offs in my opinion taking a lot of the "good stuff" off
UKHA_D where it
was born.

There's been some dilution to the Automated Home forums too (some people
prefer the forum format).  We also have so many  more choices these days,
Mailing lists, forums, IM, Social networking/Twitter etc etc.

The "geek factor" is less too these days, systems are much
friendly to
install and operate.  10 years ago having a wireless LAN at home was a
pipe-dream for most of us.  Now you just pop into PC World and within a few
mins of arriving home its all sorted.  And that's a good thing.

I do think we also miss the big annual community meet.

M.