Synology DS207 and creating privileges

  • Subject: Synology DS207 and creating privileges
  • From: "Ho Yin Ng" <architect.hoyin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 19:27:38 +0430

I am trying to restrict access to some partitions on my diskstation
using the diskstation management software.

I go to privileges create a user with name and password.

Then on XP I try and map this drive. I click on map network drive and
click on reconnect at logon and connect using a different logon name.

I insert the same login and password, but it won't accept it. It keeps
asking for a password.

However my SWMBO Mac it works fine using this method!

Anyone have any ideas? At the moment I get access just via the guest
login which I want to remove.

Thanks

Ho Yin