OSXBMC Release V0.4.0

Another new release from the guys at http://www.osxbmc.com/  Not had a
chance to try it yet (installing as I write this) but there are lots of
changes and Python scripting support is there now too.

Just back from a week off and it was great to be able to plug the MacBook
into the TV at the house we were staying in and be able to use OSXBMC to
play all the TV and movies I have brought with us.

M.

* NEW: Work has been completed on the Mach5 Ruby script, which processes
Mach-O library files and performs mapping on symbols (so that printf calls
__wrap_printf, for example). This enables the XBMC virtual file system to
work. I've processed all the libraries, so we should be good to go. What
this means in practical terms is that things like reading images over SMB
shares should now work.
* NEW: Relying also on Mach5 is Python scripting support, new to this
release. I will note first and foremost that Python support is unstable,
and
crashes a lot. This is a known problem with the Linux port of XBMC too, and
I consider it a high priority issue. However, Python is stable enough for
you to play a few games of Tetris, or even view some Apple Movie Trailers
(remember that 5-channel AAC support is lacking).
* UPDATED: I've updated ffmpeg to the latest trunk, and added a few XBMC
patches that were missing. Certain MKV files that wouldn't play at all or
would crash will now work.
* UPDATED: The XBMC code is near trunk as well; I'm missing a bunch of
changes that went in the day or two, because I haven't had a chance to test
things out.
* FIX: Bug #141 has been fixed (XBMC crashes when changing aspect ratio
with the "z" key).
* FIX: Bug #106 has been fixed (Initial graphics glitch when playing a
movie). Thanks to d4rk for helping me out with this fix.
* FIX: The skin hang-on-exit problem (which I worked around) was
actually fixed by charlydoes. Unfortunately I've noticed that Python can
cause a similar problem.
* FIX: Bug #135 has been fixed (Playing Apple Lossless files in Library
mode doesn't work).