[Ad?] A couple of apps you might find usefull.

  • Subject: [Ad?] A couple of apps you might find usefull.
  • From: "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart.grimshaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:49:09 +0000

Hi all,

A few of you will already have seen these, but I thought I'd pimp a
couple of my non-ha related non-profit web apps, you never know, you
might find them usefull.

First of all is TrafficJammr, a website for viewing near realtime
travel information for your local area. http://www.trafficjammr.co.uk
lets you enter your postcode and the map will recenter and show you
all incidents in the area. Click on a flag to get more information on
the problem, if appropriate it will try and show you the whole length
of road affected. Have a look at http://blog.trafficjammr.co.uk
for
more info on how it all works, and I hope you find it usefull.

My second web app is a community site for Geeks, interested in
football, the site is strictly invite only, to try and self moderate
membership. "A football community discussion forum with conversations
centered on teams, leagues & fixtures. The community is aimed at
technical people, geeks if you will. FootyTech users are not your
average footy fan, we don't care what team you support, and we're not
interested in bigoted rivalries, but we encourage light-hearted
banter. If your paper of choice has a red logo, then FootyTechs
probably isn't for you." is how I describe the site, hot topics at the
moment are http://ft.stuartgrimshaw.com/discuss/sick-of-pundits-sticking-up-for-their-ex-colleagues
and http://ft.stuartgrimshaw.com/discuss/will-derby-finish-with-the-least-points-ever.
Drop me an email off list if you think you fit the bill, and I'll send
you an invite, you'll also need an OpenID, but seeing as most people
here will be members of Yahoo! you already have one. (see
http://openid.net/get )

Thanks for reading.

--
-S