RE: asterisk help for newbie

  • Subject: RE: asterisk help for newbie
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:42:42 -0000

Stephen,

Hi I have played with Asterisk a number of times, over the years... and
never really got over my lack of knowledge of Linux...

You may also want to try http://www.3cx.com/ which seems similar in
function but run on windows :-)

I have just started out on this so can't comment on how good it is but
looking through the various bits and bobs it seems to be well documented
and I was able to load on an existing machine first time without any
issues...

You can experiment using soft phones on PCs and use an external provider
of PSTN lines... so no real H/W to worry about to begin with...

And of course it is Free, very important...

HTH

Nigel