Re: [OT] : Free to air satellite on PCs...

I seem to remember there being a (then) new-ish 5 year contract
between C4 &
Sky for the encryption and that C4 (E4/More4 etc) were going to let that
run
to conclusion before any changes.  This was around when BBC when FTA ....
2006?  Anyway, try pointing google at digitalspy's forums (was where I read
it) and you might unearth the info.  If it's not anytime soon, you might
find better doing DVB-T (I know the thread started as you looking for an
alternative).  Or accepting you wont get 4 digitally on DVB-S but you could
try an old analogue card (I assume they are still available).

jon

<phil@xxxxxxx<phil%40avaddict.tv>>

--
www.jpdw.org / Information : The currency of the Future