Re: Time Capsule

Jim -

many thanks ...

Chris

On 21 Mar 2008, at 18:05, Jim Noble wrote:

> Chris Hunter wrote:
>> there's a USB port on the Time Capsule ... do you think it'd be OK
>> for a G3 mobile 'phone, for Internet connection ... obviously USB-
>> wise it'd be OK, but not sure the TIme Capsule would be OK with
it,
>> functionally ... ??
>>

> Nope. That won't work. The USB port is for printers and HDs only.
>
>> ditto adding an adapter to the USB port, to connect not only the
>> 'phone, but also a USB printer, and maybe a HD ... do you think it
>> would all work ???
>>
>  You can use a USB hub and have both printer and HD connected I
> believe.
>
>> 'was also thinking of an iPod Touch, maybe more than one, for use
via
>> the Time Capsule, for audio / visual, for e-mail & internet,
when
>> about the house, and also as an HA interface device going via
browser
>> to Cortex on a PC connected to one of the Time Capsule LAN
>> sockets ... if it would work ..
>
> Not sure what interaction you are expecting between an iPod touch and
> Timecapsule...? The latter will provide wifi access for any number of
> the former (802.11b/g only), but you won't be able to make use of the
> storage directly from the iPod AFAIK.
>
> The release of the iPhone/iPod touch SDK may yield new applications
> though.
>
>> our current set-up is dying, ancient, PowerPC G4s, so we're about
>> reinvest & am thinking the 'shop mightn't have a clue, and you
will
>> have hands-on experience !!
>>

> Apple store staff are generally fairly well clued up...
>
> Jim

Home and Garden/Repair and Improvement: Welcome to the
"homevision-users" list, establishe...

exstreamer (58 common members)
Security/Hardware: User discussion group for the Barix Exstreamer(TM)...

CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO (52 common members)
Home and Garden/Repair and Improvement: This list is for the discussion of
CNC and related...

DoIt_Yourself (37 common members)