Re: Time Capsule

Chris Hunter wrote:
> there's a USB port on the Time Capsule ... do you think it'd be OK
> for a G3 mobile 'phone, for Internet connection ... obviously USB-
> wise it'd be OK, but not sure the TIme Capsule would be OK with it,
> functionally ... ??

Nope. That won't work. The USB port is for printers and HDs only.

> ditto adding an adapter to the USB port, to connect not only the
> 'phone, but also a USB printer, and maybe a HD ... do you think it
> would all work ???

You can use a USB hub and have both printer and HD connected I believe.

> 'was also thinking of an iPod Touch, maybe more than one, for use via
> the Time Capsule, for audio / visual, for e-mail & internet, when
> about the house, and also as an HA interface device going via browser
> to Cortex on a PC connected to one of the Time Capsule LAN
> sockets ... if it would work ..

Not sure what interaction you are expecting between an iPod touch and
Timecapsule...? The latter will provide wifi access for any number of
the former (802.11b/g only), but you won't be able to make use of the
storage directly from the iPod AFAIK.

The release of the iPhone/iPod touch SDK may yield new applications though.

> our current set-up is dying, ancient, PowerPC G4s, so we're about to
> reinvest & am thinking the 'shop mightn't have a clue, and you
will
> have hands-on experience !!

Apple store staff are generally fairly well clued up...

Jim