Re: [OT] New laptop - AMD or Intel

Paul Gordon wrote:
> That's interesting (about the 4GB support I mean) - does that imply
they
> are 64bit OS's or have they implemented some hardware specific memory
> swapping mechanism....

Mac OS X 10.5 is 64-bit aware.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/technology/64bit.html

The previous Napa chipset based machines were limited to a maximum of
3Gb RAM though.

Even 32-bit Intel cpus have been able to address up 64Gb of physical
address space using PAE for some time (but AIUI you could only address
4Gb of memory per process running on the cpu).

Jim