Monitor Problem

Any ideas as to what levels of red, green & blue are required to
get
various colour temperatures?

I've got a Dell E176FPf and can't seem to get the colour balance
right, despite lots of the Googled reviews saying the picture quality
is/was great :-/
Adjustments are rather limited and there's no direct colour
temperature control, just 3 presets and "user" options with R/G/B
sliders plus the usual brightness & contrast.

I can't see the watermark logo here: www.globalpadora.com unless I put
the monitor into auto-adjust, when it briefly appears during the
adjust process, but the logo then vanishes once complete.
The other thing I can't (normally) see is the light shading on the
"File Type" column in windows explorer =96 it's all just a white
page.

So, does anyone have the same monitor and have they managed to set it
up properly? It was using a generic driver and although I've installed
the specific Dell driver for it, it's made no difference :-(

Thanks,

Tim.