Re: 3 core Mains flex cable in clear finsh ?

I had exactly the same problem.

A lump of 20mm conduit would look appalling  pretty much anywhere !

I ended up running a short length of  MT1 16mm mini trunking tight in
the corner. Painted the same colour as the wall ( if you have wallpaper,
I hope you saved some!), it's hardly noticeable and certainly less
obtrusive that a lump of SY mains cable snaking up the corner (no, you
don't _have_ to earth the screen).

Have a look here
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/index.html
for some suitable trunking - How about the quadrant shaped
"D-line"?

HTH

Neil