Re: 1-wire network layout?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Raymond Kelly"
<raymondtkelly@...> wrote:

> Yes I have a segment per floor, and each one goes into one of these:
> http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1511
> saves a lot of hassle.

That seems the sort of thing I'm after. The only UK company I see
selling hubs is HomeChip and the cheapest they do is a HA7net for 70
quid. Are there any other UK hub suppliers?

> I soldered the temp sensors directly onto the cable as I laid it,
> making note of unique id. It works well, and my total number of
> sensors is 20

I hadn't actually thought of doing it that way - for temp sensors it
certainly makes sense. Looks like the DS18B20 is a very cheap way
indeed to do this. I'm not sure yet what other sensors I might use
apart from temp ones.

I'll almost certainly be using OWFS on Linux to monitor the sensors.