Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

WakeUp on Lan

  • Subject: WakeUp on Lan
  • From: "iaingoodhew" <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 15:02:26 -0000

Hi,

I have just bought a Linksys media centre extender for remote viewing
of TV and files from my vista PC. It works great, but one anoyance is
that it doesn't have the functionality to wake up the Vista PC via LAN.
This means you have to leave the PC running all the time or run
upstairs and turn it on before you use the extender. I can't believe
they leave this basic functionality out of the firmware.
So does anyone have a WOL solution here? I was thinking of somthing
connected to comfort, triggered by IR.

or does everyone just leave another PC running 24/7? With todays energy
prices, I'm looking to reduce my electricity consumption, not increase
it.

Iain