Re: Re: LinuxMCE 710 - An Overview

Hello Bro,

> I have no issue handing over HA/AV/VoIP duties to a single box but I
really
> don't want it as the firewall too.

Lots of people have that sentiment. You do not have to use it as your
firewall, but it eases things especially for the automatic VoIP
configuration (due to NAT issues and the surrounding configuration
needs by asterisk).

I personally use it as my gateway to my router. That means, I have to
manually forward the VoIP relevant ports, and have to let asterisk
know, how to find out my external, public IP address.

Putting LinuxMCE at the border nullifies the need for all that.

>  > Unfortunately, we recently switched hosting providers, so the
>  > linuxmce.org domain is currently unavailable. But do yourself a
>  > favor, and read the installation tips and information available
on
>  > the wiki. It will help you a lot, and safe countless hours of
trying
>  > things in ways, LinuxMCE was not intended to work.
>
> Works now

It was a hardware problem, we found out.

>  > Again, LinuxMCE is a WHOLE solution. Accept it, and you will get
the
>  > best available system. :)
>
> Will have to give it a try.

Do so, and if you get stuck, check out the IRC channel #linuxmce at
irc.freenode.net (you can also click on the Chat button in the forum
at http://forum.linuxmce.org)
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt