RE: LinuxMCE 710 - An Overview

  • Subject: RE: LinuxMCE 710 - An Overview
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:07:39 +0100

Hi Peer,

> And the synergy you get because all has been designed to work
> together is priceless, IMHO.

That is also its biggest drawback for me, the requirement to use dhcp and
have the LinuxMCE box 'control' the network etc.

As an aside, it is very hard to find out a comprehensive list of supported
devices for automation integration, two that I have previously searched for
without success are the Milford DMX controller, and the Phaedrus VIOM.

I bought a few N800's to test LinuxMCE, but still have not got around to
trying it out :( One of these days.

> And one thing I hate about the project is the name. So, if
> anyone has an idea for a better name.... :)

The name is fine :)

Cheers, Des.