Re: Apple Announce New 3G iPhone - All the Details

Got a cold there Andy? :)

> Guess who is considered to be Apple's competition - the narrow segment
> of touch phones or mobiles in general - Apple are hoping to ship ten
> million iPhones this year, Nokia shipped 473 million last year!
> Competition blown out of the water NOT!

I've owned many many Nokias and Windows mobile smart phones, some I
considered very good (at the time).

Apple have had a phone on sale for less than a year.  A single model,
their first attempt and they're already number 3 in the smart phone
market.  But we each have our own views and priority's and the iPhone is
still far from perfect too (no video, no MMS etc).

But even if Nokia could get their hardware into as "special" a
package
they still wouldn't have the UI.  And even if they could get close to the
UI they still wouldn't have the enormous eco-system that's just about to
launch for the iPhone.

And of course quality isn't about numbers.  Just because there are less
Bentleys on the road than Fords doesn't somehow make them an inferior
product.

M.