From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
noughtomate
Sent: 09 June 2008 15:05
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Harmony Remotes

=20

I own 3 Harmony's and a Nevo SL and am a regular at RemoteCentral.com

The Harmony's are considered the best for WAF. It is one of the few=20
remotes which is aware of the 'State' of your devices and so can=20
intelligently send On and Off responses as and when necessary.=20

This is particularly useful if you haven't always got a discreet IR=20
command to power on and off seperatly.=20

For the more technical ambitious person (which I'm sure you are),=20
although the programming times are greatly reduced, you will be=20
limted to whatever Logitech decides works for the masses.=20

I bought mine several years ago, where the Harmony Media button=20
would act as a genuine Media button to control my Media Center PC.=20
However, they've since removed this functionality and instead it is=20
used to set up your faourite channels instead.=20

The implmentation of real macro's has only happened in the past=20
year. Before this, macro's were only fired during a change of=20
Activity. But now finally, you can run macros (or 'sequences' in=20
Harmony speak) within an Activity for a single button press.=20

Although, Logitech have p'ssed me off in the past, I'm generally=20
happy with my 3 and would consider more if I could get SWIMBO sign=20
off.=20

One major check : The ones which use rechargable batteries have in=20
the past had docking problems. Just make sure you check that it sits=20
well within the charging cradle or use your warranty.=20

Cheers

--- In HYPERLINK "mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com"ukha_d@xxxxxxx,
"Paul Crate" <CrateP@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I am looking to replace my old Pronto 940 with a new universal=20
remote.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> At the moment, I am looking at the Harmony 885 remote. Is there=20
any other remotes that I should look at before I buy one and where=20
is the best place to get these? Amazon have them for about =A380 at=20
the moment.
>=20
>=20
>=20