Re: Homeseer to SMS

Actually Twitter support has always been in the application but it has
been enhanced in the v0.3 release just  this last week.  Previously it
could just send limited announcements (Tweets) based on things happening
in the xAP world.  Now you can forward general display / OSD messages
(above a set priority or from a specific device)  , and also forward to
a second specific Twitter account - that you can have SMS set up on.
The ability to reply via SMS is new too.   Replies need not just be
control messages in xAP , Four is a 'bot' and can access your resources
intelligently - eg lookup up a phone number for you in xAP Switchboard
(/Outlook) , find out what time the alarm was unset (kids home ?) ,
check the weather forecast or lookup something in Wikipedia,   you can
configure Four to use various services , xAP and internet,  as you wish...

There is also also a xAP IM  interface using xAP Jabber which, aside
from the existing Jabber support will shortly (in beta) support TLS and
SSL connections eg  to GoogleTalk.. So you can use this as a realtime
chat interface to your xAP world (via Four).

Skype is supported for telephony and links in with xAP Switchboard.  If
anyone wanted a Skype 'chat' interface I could look into that.

Kevin