RE: TiVo About to Re-launch in the UK

  • Subject: RE: TiVo About to Re-launch in the UK
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:07:03 +0100

I don't pay for my TiVo epg (here in the US), but like everything over
here
it depends on the deal you've struck with the service provider.  Since TiVo
and DirectTV fell out, TiVo have lost a lot of market share over here,
since
the new TiVo boxes can only be used with cable, and not satellite.
DirectTV
and Dish are the 2 main satt providers, and they've both got their own DVR
boxes...I've only used the DirectTV version, and it was complete crap.

The newest TiVo boxes are mutli room (so you effectively have a 'pooled'
Now
Playing, and can watch something recorded on another TiVo), and the TiVo to
go feature allows scheduling, and watching, of tivo via a mobile phone or
PC. The EPG is also a lot faster, but, if you look at the forums, the whole
thing is a little more buggy. Even so, when I move I'll be getting cable TV
just so that I can get the newer (HD) TiVo's.